advantageof cool roofsCoat ‘N’ Cool has over 30 color options which reflect up to 84% of the Sun’s heat, resulting in a net cooling effect.
Facts cool roof systemWhile solar reflectance is the most important property in determining a material's contribution to urban heat islands, thermal emittance is also a part of the equation. Any surface exposed to radiant energy will get hotter until it gives off as much heat as it receives (thermal equilibrium).
- The DOE Cool Roof Calculator
- The EPA Roof Savings Calculator
- Los Angeles Dept. Water and Power Rebate Form for Cool Roofs
- International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
Orange County, CA Chapter
- US Green Build Council (USGBC)
- Green Businesses by Glenn Croston
- Cool Roof Rating Council
- Database of State incentives for renewables & efficiency -
NC State University